May 26, 2006
Natural Disaster's Impact and Challenges for Recovery: Economics on Aids, Governance, Infrastructure
“It is my hope that in the future, the regional scientist may contribute further to the academic and policy debates on regional development, more especially the redevelopment of post-disaster areas.”
Bambang P.S. Brodjonegoro
President of Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA)
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – The Challenges for rebuilding Aceh and Nias
- Chapter 2 – Who will live and who will die in the next tsunami? Do natural resource maps provide the answer?
- Chapter 3 – Environmental issues in developing planning after tsunami in Aceh region
- Chapter 4 – Twin challenges of post tsunami Aceh, Indonesia: Can post conflict reconstruction go together with post-disaster reconstruction?
- Chapter 5 – Overview of spatial mapping on investment and local economic development in Indonesia
Mangara Tambunan and Irwan Suryanto
- Chapter 6 – The importance of a region: Do other regions matter?
- Chapter 7 – Economic growth of Indonesia port cities
Erlangga A. Landiyanto and Arief H. Prasetyo
- Chapter 8 – Assessing the value of clean air in Jakarta-Indonesia: A spatial hedonic price analysis of housing values
Arief A. Yusuf and Budy P. Resosudarmo