A team of young economists consisting of:
- Rizki Nauli Siregar (UC Davis)
- Rus’an Nasrudin Ph.D (UI)
- Gumilang Sahadewo Ph.D (UGM)
- Rizal Shidiq Ph.D (Leiden University)
- M. Halley Yudhistira Ph.D (UI)
- Muhammad Hanri Ph.D (UI)
- Jahen Fachrul Rezki Ph.D (UI)
has recently conducted a quick online survey among Indonesian economists asking their opinions re policies to manage the Covid-19 crisis. The result is here.
IRSA would like to congratulate the following academics for winning the 2019 IRSA-BKF Paper Award
1. Ruth Nikijuluw (ANU) for her paper “Village Government Form and Local Service Access in Indonesia”
2. Luthfi Muhammad Iqbal (BAPPENAS) and Tania Benita (ICRAF) for their paper “Impact of Archipelago Special Fund on Disparities”
3. Sonny Harry B (UI), Ardi Adji (TNP2K) and Saiful Mahdi (UnSyiah) for their paper “Regional Inequality in Indonesia: Pre and Post Regional Autonomy Analysis”
4. Zulfa Rizqi Aisyah (UGM) and Evi Noor Afifah (UGM) for their paper “The Effect of Fiscal Decentralization on Public Health in Aceh”.
IRSA would like to congratulate the following recipients of the 2019 IRSA-Local Government Innovation Research Support:
Saut Sagala (ITB), Hengki Eko Putra (RDI), Herryal Zoelkarnaen Anwar (RDI): “Addressing Disaster Risk Financing in lndonesia: The Role of lnsurance”
We received a very large number of applications and the selection processes have been highly competitive. We hence hope good quality of research outputs could come out from this research project. It is expected that the winner will present their project at the 15th IRSA Conference in Banda Aceh.
*The reviewers were Prof. Budy P. Resosudarmo (ANU), Prof. Arief Anshory Yusuf (UNPAD), Dr. Hefrizal Handra (UNAND), Dr. Djoni Hartono (UI), Dr. Devanto S. Pratomo (UNIBRAW), Dr. Alin Halimatussadiah (UI)
The Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA) in collaboration with Syiah Kuala University invites scholars, practitioners, and students to submit papers to be presented in the 15th IRSA International Conference. The theme of the conference is Disasters and Regional Development, and it will be held in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, on 22-23 July 2019. Plenary session speakers include Vivi Alatas (World Bank), John Piggott (UNSW) and Suprayoga Hadi (BAPPENAS).
Potential topics to be discussed in the conference include, but not limited to:
- Disaster risk reduction and early warning system
- Disaster risk finance and insurance
- Managing post disaster recovery and sustainability
- Local government innovation and governance
- Economic shocks and social safety nets
- Income inequality and regional disparities
- Infrastructure, basic utilities and regional management
- Public services and human development
- Trade, investment and economic growth
- Decentralization and regional fiscal policies
- Regional macro and financial policies
- Inflation and exchange rate policies
- Islamic finance and Syariah based development
- Culture, land and village development
- Extended paper abstract of up to 1,000 words should be submitted online via http://www.conftool.com by 1 April 2019.
Extended abstract should consist of background, purpose and potential contributions, data and methodology, results, conclusion and keywords. An example of such extended abstract can be seen over here. Abstracts must be submitted in English, as also the full paper.
Paper sessions are seminar-style for each paper and ample time for discussion and for participants to provide constructive feedback to authors. Paper presentations will be in English.
- Jan 1, 2019 : Abstract Submission Opening
- Apr 1, 2019 : Abstract Submission Deadline
- May 1, 2019 : Early Bird Registration Open
- May 1, 2019 : Notification of Abstract Acceptance
- Jun 1, 2019 : Early Bird Registration End
- Jun 22, 2019 : Full Paper Submission Deadline
- Jun 22, 2019 : Paper Presenter Registration Deadline
- Jul 5, 2019 : Non-Presenter Registration Deadline
- Jul 20-21, 2019 : Pre-conference training
- Jul 22-23, 2019 : Conference Date
IRSA 2019 Secretariat
Fakultas Ekonomi dan Bisnis
Universitas Syiah Kuala
Jl. T. Nyak Arief, Banda Aceh 23111
+62 651 755 1265;
+62 821 2224 5432;
+62 812 6978 135 (WhatsApp only)
nazamuddin[at]unsyiah.ac.id , or saiful.mahdi[at]unsyiah.ac.id