The Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA) is preparing its IRSA Book Series on Regional Development No. 19. The topic of this book will be on regional aspects of the Covid-19 pandemic in Indonesia. Hence, we seek papers reporting and/or analysing local dynamics related to the spread of Covid-19 pandemic in a region of Indonesia.
Potential topics to be covered include, but not limited to:
- health and public health
- politics and governance
- economics and regional development
- education, human capital and labour market
- regional finance and fiscal policy
- industry and trade
- infrastructure and services
- food and agriculture
- technology, innovation and creative work
- social capital, community and trust
- environment, natural resources and sustainable development
English written papers of maximum 4,000 words should be submitted to email@example.com by 5.00pm WIB on 15 September 2020. Main authors of papers selected will be given registration fee waivers and slots to present their papers in the upcoming IRSA Conference (https://yogyakarta2021.irsa.or.id).
The book will be edited by Budy P. Resosudarmo, D.S Priyarsono, Arief A. Yusuf, Alin Halimatussadiah, and Devanto Pratomo. The book is expected to be published by mid 2021.
For more information about IRSA Book Series on Regional Development, please contact Budy P. Resosudarmo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arief A. Yusuf
A team of young economists consisting of:
- Rizki Nauli Siregar (UC Davis)
- Rus’an Nasrudin Ph.D (UI)
- Gumilang Sahadewo Ph.D (UGM)
- Rizal Shidiq Ph.D (Leiden University)
- M. Halley Yudhistira Ph.D (UI)
- Muhammad Hanri Ph.D (UI)
- Jahen Fachrul Rezki Ph.D (UI)
has recently conducted a quick online survey among Indonesian economists asking their opinions re policies to manage the Covid-19 crisis. The result is here.
IRSA would like to congratulate the following academics for winning the 2019 IRSA-BKF Paper Award
1. Ruth Nikijuluw (ANU) for her paper “Village Government Form and Local Service Access in Indonesia”
2. Luthfi Muhammad Iqbal (BAPPENAS) and Tania Benita (ICRAF) for their paper “Impact of Archipelago Special Fund on Disparities”
3. Sonny Harry B (UI), Ardi Adji (TNP2K) and Saiful Mahdi (UnSyiah) for their paper “Regional Inequality in Indonesia: Pre and Post Regional Autonomy Analysis”
4. Zulfa Rizqi Aisyah (UGM) and Evi Noor Afifah (UGM) for their paper “The Effect of Fiscal Decentralization on Public Health in Aceh”.
IRSA would like to congratulate the following recipients of the 2019 IRSA-Local Government Innovation Research Support:
Saut Sagala (ITB), Hengki Eko Putra (RDI), Herryal Zoelkarnaen Anwar (RDI): “Addressing Disaster Risk Financing in lndonesia: The Role of lnsurance”
We received a very large number of applications and the selection processes have been highly competitive. We hence hope good quality of research outputs could come out from this research project. It is expected that the winner will present their project at the 15th IRSA Conference in Banda Aceh.
*The reviewers were Prof. Budy P. Resosudarmo (ANU), Prof. Arief Anshory Yusuf (UNPAD), Dr. Hefrizal Handra (UNAND), Dr. Djoni Hartono (UI), Dr. Devanto S. Pratomo (UNIBRAW), Dr. Alin Halimatussadiah (UI)